Is it Safe to Buy Car Insurance Online?
Generally yes, you can safely buy car insurance online and it is recommended by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners in order to get lower rates through good car insurance quotes comparison.
However, as you are sharing important information when buying car insurance online such as your social security number, which insurers need to check your driving record, it is recommended to follow these safety tips to reassure your online safety when buying car insurance:
- Make sure you buy on a secure website with a high level of encryption
- Make sure you are using a browser with a high level of encryption - normally the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Explorer will do
- Carefully check their reviews
- Avoid spam sites
- Use a credit card or a secondary debit card, since it offers identity theft protection - just make sure that there are no fraudulent charges on the card
- Check the insurance company's security and privacy pages